Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lead me to the Rock


Psalm 61 is a chapter that i have turned to many times to bring comfort and understanding. It says " Hear my cry oh Lord, Listen to my prayer from the end of the earth I call out to you when my heart is faint. Lead to the Rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against my enemies." I know WOW right. I love this chapter and all it promises on both ends. but my favorite part of the verse is the section that talks about "the rock that is higher than I" when i was a little girl and i was affraid I only wanted to one of two places. In my mothers arms or my fathers arms. They were bigger than i was and i knew that no matter what they would protect me from anything Monsters or Strangers. I know look at landon and see how he depends on bobby and i to be his strong fortress in times he feels worried or afraid. It seems that if he is upset he just has to find a way into our arms (even though i am not very tall) and be lifted up to feel safe. Have you ever noticed that. By just being lifted up we always feel better. I guess it is the better veiw of the situation or just being wrapped in our arms but calm always over whelms him with in moments of being moved up with us. So in today what ever you are facing...ask God to lead you to the Rock that is Higher than you are. Climb up and rest in the arms that are waiting to hold you. Find a church this morning to go to...Don't forsake the gathering of the believers. Did you ever think maybe just maybe God purposesly woke you early today so that you could go to His House and Worship him? Just a thought. be blessed!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive