Sunday, May 10, 2009

growing


It is a hard thing to learn how to grow and become what God has for you to become. I have spent many of the last few years trying to maintain where i am in my walk with my heavenly father. Boy have i been wrong. We are not called to maintain we are called to continue to GROW. This concept is a hard one for me to learn, in short i was forced to GET IT...because i was so stubborn that i could not see that this is the way it all works. SO in my ramblings understand that i love the fact that God can and does use every single situation in our lives to teach us and to GROW us..yes grow. When i was young my brother (who was 17 months older than me) and i were what seems to be ALWAYS in competion to see who was taller, who was smarter, who did better. It started out around Jr. High..we both have not been blessed with heighth but that didn't stop us from seeing who measured the tallest. I was the winner for a few years then it happend..i stopped and he continued...even to this day he can be standing right next to me and cut his eyes down to just mentally tell me that he WON the growth race. But then i remind him i graduated college with a 4.o and honors. it is still an on going battle if you will. what does have to do with GOD. Somewhere along the way i forgot to continue to measure myself up to God's standards..not to say i have been a bad person but i have not been trying to grow? I have been happy to maintain. SO like with my brother..everytime i felt defeated in one area by him..i would find something else to beat him in...now i am not in anyway saying to try to BEAT GOD..what i am saying is that as Christains we need to measure ourself by what he desires for us...the things of today..not the things of yesturday...we need to see where we are weak and work on those...we need to try to become more of his ideals than what we think is right...so self check your self and see where you are...are you maintaining and sitting still or are you growing and changing daily...and pond that just sits still and maintains the level of water and nerver changing grows stagniant....and a river that is constantly changing and growing is fresh...

be blessed

mheinze

No comments:

Blog Archive