Saturday, March 21, 2009

Teach the Young!



Today I was doing my quiet time (which i normally do as Landon is still sleeping) while Landon was playing on the floor. I had finally gotten nestled all ready to read and marinate on God's words, and if you know me then you know that i have to have a wide variety of things while I study...so this was a feet in itself. Anyways back to the story..I was just getting into the meat of the scriptures when Landon came up to me with his pen and said "my bible momma?" I quickly told him to play with his trains and momma would be done soon and then we would make a track...and sent him back to playing....as not to miss out on my study..then i went back to Psalms....but sure enough as quickly as i started back, Landon was back asking for his Bible again...i tried again to re-direct his attention but then he laid his head on my knee and said please momma i read mine too....well HELLO MARY...God gave me Landon to teach him how to follow him..so got up and went an go his Bible..then he needed a peice of paper and a pillow like mine....he then settle down for his quiet time too...it touched and broke my heart at the same time. We sat there in the living room this morning having our quiet times at the same time. When i finished i couldn't resist the picture..because we all need to be reminded of how our actions are constantly teaching those around us. After he finished reading he quietly folded his hands and said his little prayer and hopped down and started playing again...Thank you Father for my sweet son and his yearning to understand me. Let me be the mother he needs and the Christian that you desire to teach him.
be blessed and encouraged by our GREAT GOD!
Purchased....
mheinze

4 comments:

Leah said...

Mary that is just the sweetest thing ever! You are a great momma and a good example for your little one!

Anonymous said...

even at his tender age, his heart is already yearning to know his heavenly father and you are helping him to find that path which leads him there! I have a sense that he will be wise beyond his years.

Jennifer said...

Hi! I came across your blog on the top blogs of Shreveport! Your post was awesome and touching. What an awesome responsibility we have. May God bless you as you serve him!

Susan.Eidson said...

Mary...what a sweet sweet sight. These pics brought me to tears. What sweet tender hearts these little ones have. I'm always amazed at their faith, its undoubting and pure.

Blog Archive